Sunday, October 10, 2010

Blog Post #6

One of the main things I learned from Multi Ground School were the parts of the Seminole; how they are different from what we have been used to and how they change the aerodynamics and functioning of the plane.  I also learned about how to deal with an engine failure; how to fly the plane if this happens in different configurations and different areas of flight (takeoff, cruise, approach, etc.)  Although we had some difficulties with the simulator, it really helped to apply what we learned and saw on paper to what it feels like to actually lose an engine. 

I honestly don't think there is anything I would change about this class.  I really liked that we were able to go and look at the Seminole when it was in the hangar, and how we learned the systems by the trainer on the projector.  These things help us learn so much better than just reading out of the text book.  I also really liked our review for the end of course exam-it was a fun way to go over everything we learned.

As far as the blogging assignements go, I think that they really do help. It is nice to be able to write thoughts and things we learned in a non-formal way.  It helps contribute to learning in that it forced me to really understand what I read (electrical system handout, Aspen accident, etc) and evaluate what I learned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment